Table of Contents
- Crypto Critics’ Corner
- Grant Williams Podcast
- The Blockchain Debate
- Law of Code
- Scam Economy
- When The Music Stops
- This Week in Startups
- Coindesk TV
- Keyword Crypto
- Great Minds
- The Deep Dive
- NFT QT
- Proof of Work
- Chit Chat Money
- The Bitcoin Cash Podcast
- Twitter Spaces
Crypto Critics’ Corner [TOP]
- Episode 1 – The early history of Bitfinex and Tether
- Episode 2 – The more recent history of Bitfinex and Tether
- Episode 3 – Questions and answers about Bitfinex and Tether
- Episode 5 – (Cas did episode 4 alone) A discussion on Tether’s asset breakdown
- Episode 6 – Cas and I discuss the history of Crypto Capital Corp
- Episode 7 – Cas and I discuss QuadrigaCX
- Episode 8 – Cas and I discuss Coinbase media, fact checking, and journalism more broadly.
- Episode 9 – Cas and I discuss the epidemic of shillfluencers in crypto.
- Episode 10 – We discuss what is a Tether redemption.
- Episode 11 – We discuss El Salvador adopting Bitcoin as legal tender.
- Episode 12 – We discuss regulatory capture and regulatory arbitrage
- Episode 13 – We are joined by David Canellis to discuss the pseudo-decentralized social media platform BitClout.
- Episode 14 – Cas and I discuss him traveling to Hong Kong on a Quixotic journey to find Bitfinex and Tether.
- Episode 15 – Cas and I are joined by David Z. Morris of Coindesk to discuss Enron.
- Episode 16 – Cas and I are joined by Rohan Grey of Willamette Law to discuss money transmitters, stablecoins, CBDCs, and the STABLE Act.
- Episode 17 – Cas and I are joined by Preston Byrne to discuss stablecoins, DeFi, regulations, and decentralization theater.
- Episode 18 – Cas and I discuss charity fraud and malfeasance in the cryptocurrency space
- Episode 19 – Cas and I are joined by Frances Coppola to discuss inflation, deflation, and stablecoins.
- Episode 20 – Cas and I are joined by Frances Coppola to discuss regulation for stablecoins and algorithmic stablecoins.
- Episode 21 – Cas and I discuss Bitcoin! Why we got involved, why we like it, why we worry about it.
- Episode 22 – Cas and I are joined by Robert Green, a marketing consultant who had worked for Blockchain Terminal and we discussed the issues with that project.
- Episode 23 – Cas and I discuss the leaked Tai Chi document that details Binance and Binance US regulatory arbitrage strategy.
- Episode 24 – Cas and I discuss Cumberland Global, the cryptocurrency offshoot of DRW, and one of the most important firms in the space.
- Episode 25 – Cas and I discuss WorldCom, one of the largest corporate frauds of all time.
- Episode 26 – Cas and I discuss cryptocurrency lending platforms like BlockFi, Celsius, and Nexo and the problems we see with them.
- Episode 27 – Cas and I are joined by David Morris of Coindesk to discuss Evergrande.
- Episode 28 – Cas and I discuss Liberty Reserve and the lessons that can be learned from it.
- Episode 29 – Cas and I discuss the Pandora Papers, why we think they’re important, and why we think this kind of journalism is so important.
- Episode 30 – Cas and I are joined by Sam Reynolds to discuss the importance of Taiwan to the Tether story.
- Episode 31 – Cas and I are joined by Oliver Beige to discuss network effects, cryptocurrencies, and the dynamics that prevent a single chain.
- Episode 32 – Cas and I are joined by Daniel Goldman to discuss his history as a Tether skeptic and his role with Arbitrum and developing on layer 2.
- Episode 33 – Cas and I discuss the recently released President’s Working Group Report on Stablecoins.
- Episode 34 – Cas and I are joined by David Canellis to discuss the recently released Tether Papers investigative report on Tether.
- Episode 35 – Cas and I discuss how stablecoins are the ultimate arbiters of forks.
- Episode 36 – Cas and I discuss the strange ‘Bitcoin Bond’ created by El Salvador, Blockstream, and Bitfinex.
- Episode 37 – Cas and I discuss a strange idea to ‘burn’ the short sellers by issuing a NFT dividend.
- Episode 38 – Cas and I discuss how not everything is a ponzi scheme, not everything is a scam, and maybe we should stop saying they are.
- Episode 39 – Cas and I discuss the history of the SEC and the ways in which they often fall short.
- Episode 40 – Cas and I are joined by Nicholas Weaver to discuss The Silk Road and other dark net marketplaces and what they mean for Bitcoin.
- Episode 41 – Cas and I discuss Craig Steven Wright and his claim to be Satoshi Nakamoto.
- Episode 42 – Cas and I are joined by Elizabeth Lopatto to discuss Theranos and Elizabeth Holmes.
- Episode 43 – Cas and I discuss Bitcoin mining in Kazakhstan and what it means for Bitcoin mining more broadly.
- Episode 44 – Cas and I are joined by semi professional poker player Jason Bral to discuss Black Friday in the poker world.
- Episode 45 – Cas and I are joined by Doomberg to talk about what could go wrong for Bitcoin.
- Episode 46 – Cas and I discuss the lies inherent in most DAOs.
- Episode 47 – Cas and I discuss Michael Patryn being exposed as 0xSifu.
- Episode 48 – Cas and I are joined by Travis Kimmel to discuss crypto, the dollar, inflation, how they fit together.
- Episode 49 – Cas Piancey and I discuss one of the largest thefts of all time: the Wormhole hack.
- Episode 50 – Cas Piancey and I discuss one of the largest thefts of all time: the Bitfinex hack, and the two who have been arrested for trying to launder the proceeds.
- Episode 51 – Cas Piancey and Bennett Tomlin are joined by Ben McKenzie and Jacob Silverman to discuss crypto, celebrities, and end-stage casino capitalism.
- Episode 52 – Cas and I are joined by Mike Green to discuss Bitcoin, inflation, and the Federal Reserve.
- Episode 53 – Cas and I discuss a recent epidemic of compromised verified accounts being used to shill NFTs and crypto.
- Episode 54 – Cas and I are joined by Web3IsGoingGreat maintainer Molly White to discuss how Web3 is going.
- Episode 55 – Cas and I are joined by Dr. Ángela Vergara to discuss the past, present, and future of company towns.
- Episode 56 – Cas and I are joined by ZachXBT to discuss hunting scams and frauds.
- Episode 57 – Cas and I discuss the Russian invasion of the Ukraine and what it means for cryptocurrencies.
- Episode 58 – Cas and I discuss the tendency of cryptocurrency projects to decide they can build utopian cities of the future.
- Episode 59 – Cas and I discuss Justin Sun, the king of degens, ambassador to WTO, and creator of Tron.
- Episode 60 – Cas and I are joined by Francine McKenna to discuss auditors, auditing, and crypto.
- Episode 61 – Cas and I are joined by John Reed Stark to talk about crypto, the SEC, and frauds.
- Episode 62 – Cas and I are joined by Josh Cincinnati to discuss whether money laundering should be a crime and the financial surveillance panopticon.
- Episode 63 – Cas and I are joined by Mario Gómez and Oscar Salguero to discuss the reality of Bitcoin in El Salvador.
- Episode 64 – Cas Piancey and Bennett Tomlin are joined by münecat to discuss crypto, web3, and whether or not a neofeudalistic state run by Peter Thiel is desirable.
- Episode 65 – Cas Piancey and Bennett Tomlin are joined by Rohan Grey to discuss the ECASH Act and whether the government can create a private digital dollar.
- Episode 66 – Cas reveals his identity and we discuss why it had to be revealed now.
- Episode 67 – Cas Piancey and Bennett Tomlin are joined by skeptic OG David Gerard to discuss what he thinks about cryptocurrency.
- Episode 68 – Cas Piancey and Bennett Tomlin discuss the sentencing of Virgil Griffith for trying to evade North Korean sanctions.
- Episode 69 – Cas Piancey and Bennett Tomlin are joined by the richest man in the world to discuss ICOs, wash trading, and NFTs.
- Episode 70 – Cas Piancey and Bennett Tomlin discuss the guilty pleas of Reginald Fowler of Crypto Capital Corp.
- Episode 71 – Cas Piancey and Bennett Tomlin discuss the algorithmic stablecoin Terra and the corresponding governance token Luna.
- Episode 72 – Cas Piancey and Bennett Tomlin discuss the collapse of Luna and Terra.
- Episode 73 – Cas Piancey and Bennett Tomlin are joined by Lily Francus to discuss how to understand risk in DeFi.
- Episode 1 – Cas Piancey and I introduce the blockchain city.
- Episode 2 – Cas and I discuss the moneyed interests behind the blockchain city.
- Episode 3 – Cas and I discuss company towns.
- Episode 4 – Cas travels to the desert to see what actually exists for this desert utopia, and talks to a local investigative journalist who has been covering the story.
WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management [TOP]
- Guest Lecture – I gave a guest lecture to serve as an introduction to Tether and Bitfinex
Grant Williams Podcast [TOP]
- First Appearance – I am joined by George Noble on the Grant Williams Podcast to discuss the history of Bitfinex and Tether and its role in the market more broadly.
The Blockchain Debate [TOP]
- First Appearance – Larry Cermak and I debated whether or not Tether and Bitfinex are bad actors and were joined by Patrick McKenzie of Stripe.
- Second Appearance – I debate Sam Kazemian to discuss whether or not algorithmic stablecoins are actually possible to execute on well.
Law of Code [TOP]
- First appearance – I discuss my philosophy and history in crypto, and the history of Bitfinex and Tether.
- First Appearance – My interview begins a little after the 15 minute mark. We discuss what is crypto, why is crypto, and what has crypto inherited from the archetype of the classic American con.
- Second Appearance – We discuss cryptocurrency fraud by an indicted Florida GOP consultant and how crypto can be used for money laundering.
Scam Economy [TOP]
- First appearance – I discuss the collapse of Luna and Terra.
Tech Won’t Save Us [TOP]
- First appearance – I discuss the collapse of Luna and Terra, stablecoins, and crypto morality.
When The Music Stops [TOP]
- First appearance – We discuss Tether, Dai, Binance, the market structure of crypto and what are systemic risks.
This Week in Startups [TOP]
- First appearance – I appear on This Week in Startups to discuss the collapse of Luna and Terra.
Coindesk TV [TOP]
- First appearance – I went on Coindesk TV to discuss the collapse of Luna and Terra.
- First appearance – I went on TastyTrade to discuss the collapse of Luna and Terra.
Keyword Crypto [TOP]
- First Appearance – We discussed Crypto Capital, Tether and Bitfinex, Jacob Kostecki, and more
- Second Appearance – We discussed MKR and Dai along with other assorted topics.
Great Minds [TOP]
- First appearance – we discuss whether or not I’m a bitcoiner and whether or not Tether is a fraud.
The Deep Dive [TOP]
- First appearance – We discuss the NYAG investigation, the history of Bitfinex and Tether, and more.
- Second appearance – We discuss Bitfinex and Tether, specifically discussing the bank fraud probe.
- First appearance – I discuss the founders of Bitfinex and Tethers on this YouTube video.
- Second appearance – I discuss the collapse of Luna and Terra.
NFT QT [TOP]
- First appearance – I discuss my opinion on various parts of the NFT ecosystem and specifically on various NFT coins.
Proof of Work [TOP]
- First appearance – I discuss Tether/Bitfinex and Bitcoin and crypto more broadly.
Chit Chat Money [TOP]
- First appearance – I join to discuss Tether and Bitfinex.
The Bitcoin Cash Podcast [TOP]
- First appearance – I join to discuss Tether, Bitfinex, Bitcoin, and crypto.
Twitter Spaces [TOP]
- With Cas Piancey and Frances Coppola hosted by Wolf Financial and Chad – We discuss Bitfinex and Tether and take a few audience questions
- With Cas Piancey, Frances Coppola, and David Gerard hosted by Wolf Financial and Chad – We discuss the current regulatory situation for Binance.
If you would like to subscribe to my free weekly newsletter then please go here.
If you want the posts from this blog delivered to your inbox:
I also have a Discord server that you can join here.