Table of Contents
- Crypto Critics’ Corner
- Grant Williams Podcast
- The Blockchain Debate
- When The Music Stops
- Keyword Crypto
- Great Minds
- The Deep Dive
- NFT QT
- Proof of Work
- Chit Chat Money
- The Bitcoin Cash Podcast
- Twitter Spaces
Crypto Critics’ Corner [TOP]
- Episode 1 – The early history of Bitfinex and Tether
- Episode 2 – The more recent history of Bitfinex and Tether
- Episode 3 – Questions and answers about Bitfinex and Tether
- Episode 5 – (Cas did episode 4 alone) A discussion on Tether’s asset breakdown
- Episode 6 – Cas and I discuss the history of Crypto Capital Corp
- Episode 7 – Cas and I discuss QuadrigaCX
- Episode 8 – Cas and I discuss Coinbase media, fact checking, and journalism more broadly.
- Episode 9 – Cas and I discuss the epidemic of shillfluencers in crypto.
- Episode 10 – We discuss what is a Tether redemption.
- Episode 11 – We discuss El Salvador adopting Bitcoin as legal tender.
- Episode 12 – We discuss regulatory capture and regulatory arbitrage
- Episode 13 – We are joined by David Canellis to discuss the pseudo-decentralized social media platform BitClout.
- Episode 14 – Cas and I discuss him traveling to Hong Kong on a Quixotic journey to find Bitfinex and Tether.
- Episode 15 – Cas and I are joined by David Z. Morris of Coindesk to discuss Enron.
- Episode 16 – Cas and I are joined by Rohan Grey of Willamette Law to discuss money transmitters, stablecoins, CBDCs, and the STABLE Act.
- Episode 17 – Cas and I are joined by Preston Byrne to discuss stablecoins, DeFi, regulations, and decentralization theater.
- Episode 18 – Cas and I discuss charity fraud and malfeasance in the cryptocurrency space
- Episode 19 – Cas and I are joined by Frances Coppola to discuss inflation, deflation, and stablecoins.
- Episode 20 – Cas and I are joined by Frances Coppola to discuss regulation for stablecoins and algorithmic stablecoins.
- Episode 21 – Cas and I discuss Bitcoin! Why we got involved, why we like it, why we worry about it.
- Episode 22 – Cas and I are joined by Robert Green, a marketing consultant who had worked for Blockchain Terminal and we discussed the issues with that project.
- Episode 23 – Cas and I discuss the leaked Tai Chi document that details Binance and Binance US regulatory arbitrage strategy.
- Episode 24 – Cas and I discuss Cumberland Global, the cryptocurrency offshoot of DRW, and one of the most important firms in the space.
- Episode 25 – Cas and I discuss WorldCom, one of the largest corporate frauds of all time.
- Episode 26 – Cas and I discuss cryptocurrency lending platforms like BlockFi, Celsius, and Nexo and the problems we see with them.
- Episode 27 – Cas and I are joined by David Morris of Coindesk to discuss Evergrande.
- Episode 28 – Cas and I discuss Liberty Reserve and the lessons that can be learned from it.
- Episode 29 – Cas and I discuss the Pandora Papers, why we think they’re important, and why we think this kind of journalism is so important.
- Episode 30 – Cas and I are joined by Sam Reynolds to discuss the importance of Taiwan to the Tether story.
- Episode 31 – Cas and I are joined by Oliver Beige to discuss network effects, cryptocurrencies, and the dynamics that prevent a single chain.
- Episode 32 – Cas and I are joined by Daniel Goldman to discuss his history as a Tether skeptic and his role with Arbitrum and developing on layer 2.
- Episode 33 – Cas and I discuss the recently released President’s Working Group Report on Stablecoins.
- Episode 34 – Cas and I are joined by David Canellis to discuss the recently released Tether Papers investigative report on Tether.
- Episode 35 – Cas and I discuss how stablecoins are the ultimate arbiters of forks.
WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management [TOP]
- Guest Lecture – I gave a guest lecture to serve as an introduction to Tether and Bitfinex
Grant Williams Podcast [TOP]
- First Appearance – I am joined by George Noble on the Grant Williams Podcast to discuss the history of Bitfinex and Tether and its role in the market more broadly.
The Blockchain Debate [TOP]
- First Appearance – Larry Cermak and I debated whether or not Tether and Bitfinex are bad actors and were joined by Patrick McKenzie of Stripe.
- Second Appearance – I debate Sam Kazemian to discuss whether or not algorithmic stablecoins are actually possible to execute on well.
- First Appearance – My interview begins a little after the 15 minute mark. We discuss what is crypto, why is crypto, and what has crypto inherited from the archetype of the classic American con.
When The Music Stops [TOP]
- First appearance – We discuss Tether, Dai, Binance, the market structure of crypto and what are systemic risks.
Keyword Crypto [TOP]
- First Appearance – We discussed Crypto Capital, Tether and Bitfinex, Jacob Kostecki, and more
- Second Appearance – We discussed MKR and Dai along with other assorted topics.
Great Minds [TOP]
- First appearance – we discuss whether or not I’m a bitcoiner and whether or not Tether is a fraud.
The Deep Dive [TOP]
- First appearance – We discuss the NYAG investigation, the history of Bitfinex and Tether, and more.
- Second appearance – We discuss Bitfinex and Tether, specifically discussing the bank fraud probe.
- First appearance – I discuss the founders of Bitfinex and Tethers on this YouTube video.
NFT QT [TOP]
- First appearance – I discuss my opinion on various parts of the NFT ecosystem and specifically on various NFT coins.
Proof of Work [TOP]
- First appearance – I discuss Tether/Bitfinex and Bitcoin and crypto more broadly.
Chit Chat Money [TOP]
- First appearance – I join to discuss Tether and Bitfinex.
The Bitcoin Cash Podcast [TOP]
- First appearance – I join to discuss Tether, Bitfinex, Bitcoin, and crypto.
Twitter Spaces [TOP]
- With Cas Piancey and Frances Coppola hosted by Wolf Financial and Chad – We discuss Bitfinex and Tether and take a few audience questions
- With Cas Piancey, Frances Coppola, and David Gerard hosted by Wolf Financial and Chad – We discuss the current regulatory situation for Binance.
Please enter your email to subscribe to my newsletter:
I also have a Discord server that you can join here.