Fresh mozzarella pairs with marinated grilled grapes.
This recipe is based on a recipe by Ottolenghi in Simple.
- 11 1/4 oz/320g seedless red grapes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp fennel seeds – Toasted and lightly crushed
- Flaked sea salt
- Black Pepper
- 3 large balls of burrata or buffalo mozzarella
- 6 small purple or green basil sprigs
- Marinate the grapes with the vinegar (the original recipe had sherry and I used balsamic and white wine), oil, garlic, sugar, 1 tsp of the fennel seeds, flaked salt, and plenty of pepper. Mix well and allow to rest for at least 1 hour and up to 1 day. Do not throw away marinade, it is used in serving.
- Grill grape skewers over high heat for 90 seconds per side.
- Using half a ball of mozzarella, top with marinade, sprinkle with remaining fennel seeds, serve with grapes and basil.
If you would like to subscribe to my free weekly newsletter then please go here.
If you want the posts from this blog delivered to your inbox:
I also have a Discord server that you can join here.