Fresh mozzarella pairs with marinated grilled grapes.
This recipe is based on a recipe by Ottolenghi in Simple.
- 11 1/4 oz/320g seedless red grapes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp fennel seeds – Toasted and lightly crushed
- Flaked sea salt
- Black Pepper
- 3 large balls of burrata or buffalo mozzarella
- 6 small purple or green basil sprigs
- Marinate the grapes with the vinegar (the original recipe had sherry and I used balsamic and white wine), oil, garlic, sugar, 1 tsp of the fennel seeds, flaked salt, and plenty of pepper. Mix well and allow to rest for at least 1 hour and up to 1 day. Do not throw away marinade, it is used in serving.
- Grill grape skewers over high heat for 90 seconds per side.
- Using half a ball of mozzarella, top with marinade, sprinkle with remaining fennel seeds, serve with grapes and basil.
Please enter your email to subscribe to my newsletter: